SSR (Sustained Silent Reading) Guidelines
- Everyone in the building will read for pleasure for 10 minutes from 9:33-9:49 a.m. This includes teachers, students, secretaries, and the principal.
- Each person will read something of their own choosing for pleasure. This may be a novel, magazine, short stories, etc., however, everyone must be reading. (The item being read must be school appropriate.)
- Students will not be asked to do an assignment based on their reading. (Teachers may ask students to do extra credit assignments but no mandatory assignments shall be based on the free reading time.)
- Students who do not bring a book will have to choose from a book that the teacher has in their classroom selection.
- Students are not allowed to write during SSR time.
- No passes to the office or to the bathrooms will be allowed during SSR time.
|Period||Start Time||End Time|
|1st Hour||7:50 AM||8:39 AM|
|2nd Hour||8:44 AM||9:33 AM|
|SSR||9:33 AM||9:49 AM|
|3rd Hour||9:54 AM||10:43 AM|
|4th Hour||See Lunch Schedule||See Lunch Schedule|
|5th Hour||12:12 PM||1:01 PM|
|6th Hour||1:06 PM||1:55 PM|
|7th Hour||2:00 PM||2:49 PM|
Lunch is divided into two segments, A and B Lunch. Below are the times for those periods.
|A Lunch||B Lunch|
|Lunch 10:43 AM - 11:18 AM||4th Hour 10:48 AM - 11:37 AM|
|4th Hour 11:18 AM - 12:12 PM||Lunch 11:37 AM - 12:12 PM|